Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day from Hell #2

Hola friends!

Today started out with an early Dr.'s appointment with the "nether regions" guy, which I hate. All things look good, however, so I was in a good mood when I arrived late at work (notified previously). I was in by 10, when I usually receive my payroll that I had day from hell with yesterday and was transmitted VERY late, but I notified them that I was having some issues and they assured me everything was AOK.

Well, we have a person in accounting that needs me to translate a download for the General Ledger by noon for her and email it to her once I receive payroll and transmitted files. (Jana will understand all of this jargon). Such payroll usually doesn't arrive till 10:00 a.m. or a little later. Today it arrived at 9:30. Person in accounting went to my boss, who is my backup and DEMANDED that he receive and translate the files she needed. He screwed up, and when I arrived at work, my first priority was to determine what the hell he did. I COULD NOT "Begin New" in my receiving process because of what he did, so I had to get on the phone to customer support for our payroll. This process is sometimes immediate, other times I am on hold for the next available support person - that was the case today.

She continually harassed me via phone (while I was on hold with the payroll company waiting for customer support) - four times to be exact. I nicely told her that I was NOT painting my toenails, but waiting for a support person to get the issue resolved, which I did, by 11:00 a.m. and was able to translate her fucking files and email them to her. She called me within 5 minutes, saying she didn't get my email, so I sent it again. She called me AGAIN within 5 minutes, saying she didn't get my email (her mailbox was full and couldn't receive any more mail!) I told her to delete her deleted items to clear up some space, which she did. She called me back ten minutes later and said she got ALL THREE of the emails I sent her with her fucking attachment. Did she apologize? NOPE!

She put me SO far behind, that I didn't even hand out the checks to the guys on the shop floor, who get them usually at 10:30 a.m. so they can go to the bank at lunchtime (they get an extra 15 minutes on payday to do banking if they have too). Poor Tim was the one to call me and say that the guys are waiting for their checks. I unfortunately ripped him a new asshole and told him to tell them that as soon as I could get downstairs, I would. I did apologize to him later, but I was so stressed out by this BITCH that when I went down to pass out the payroll to the guys, I had to hold onto the first wall I came in contact with, because I felt like I was going to pass out.

I apologized to the guys for my lateness, blaming my Dr. appt. (which had nothing to do with it) and then went directly to HR to voice my complaint of harassment from Ms. Asshole in accounting. She was dealt with by HR later in the day and was told to apologize to me, but never did.

All of this put me so far behind in my routine, that I was unable to mail the semi monthly checks, do my wire transfer for the money (thank God it was for the semi monthly 10/30 payroll) and my other "routine" duties for the day.

HR had a talk with Ms. Asshole's supervisor that she is NOT to EVER AGAIN demand her info if it hasn't been received yet, or if there's problems with it. I felt better about that, but damn, today was REALLY a day from HELL!!!

Now back to my scanning to I can start my pet/life stories!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

No comments: