Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mutant Tomatoes

I don't know if it's something in the water, or if aliens visited our tomato plants one night and did some experiments on them, but these are two of my Beefsteaks picked off the vine when we returned from Isla...




A triplet and a quadruplet!! Very odd. I remember as a kid some of the tomatoes that my dad would pick from the garden had little protrustions that looked like they had penises (which my brother and I would point and giggle at) and others that looked like they had butt cracks, but I've never seen anything like these!

They did slice up nicely (although I had to slice out some of the connecting tissue), and they made wonderful grilled cheese, tomato and bacon sandwiches - one of our favorite treats of native tomatoes in the summer!!

We've yet to have any ill effects, such as my growing another breast or Tim another set of testicles, so I doubt it was an experiment by aliens - but ya never know, now, do ya?

You'll be the first to know (along with the National Enquirer and Por Esto!) if any of the above happens, though!

Enjoy the ends of the harvest while you can!!

2 comments:

Ann said...

I am still picking zucchini, green pepers and rapberries....Seems like we're going to have a warm-up this weekend, so they should last a while longer!

Ann said...

When I was at Stop & Shop today I looked in the English food area and lo & behold, there was the spotted dick! Never noticed it before!