Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Don't forget these on your shopping list!

Tim and I always browse the international aisles in the supermarket, just because we're curious, and also, you never know what oddities you may find - or for that matter, something that sounds like it might be delicious!

This past Saturday, we had to stop at Shop Rite for birthday cards for his twin nephew and niece, who had turned 10 that day.... so, with some time to spare, we perused the International aisles, and came across this item...


Why in God's name would anyone call an item "Spotted Dick"????? Does that even sound appetizing to you?? I would have expected to see this right next to the bull testicles, lamb's tongues, and pig's feet - but no, it's evidently a dessert! Could you imagine going to a restaurant and saying "I'd like the Spotted Dick, please"? Or asking your young children if they'd like some Spotted Dick for dessert tonight? What makes it spotted?? I don't think I want to know the answer to that one! Sounds like a visit to the doctor should be involved!

On the same note, we were in the pharmacy on Isla waiting for the pharmacist to find the generic for Flexoril for my back and hip pain, and as I was at the counter with my precsription bottle in hand, Tim wandered the store for the same reason we wander the International aisles at the supermarket. He brings me another item I don't think I'd like to use:

So THAT'S what my hair needs to look green, drippy and gooey!! WHO THINKS OF THESE THINGS???? There were different strengths of Gorila Snot Gel also, to obtain different looks!

We should have gone into advertising - there seems to be money to be made naming products!

Think I'll go and whip up a batch of litter box cookies now!

4 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

LMAO!!! And what kind of dessert IS Spotted Dick? Isn't that a Heinz label?

JoAnne in CT said...

yup, Beck it's Heinz... says that it's sponge pudding - which doesn't make it sound any more appetizing... that makes me think about the sponge I scour my kitchen sink with! Blech!!!

Jolene said...

SpongeDick square pudding?

Love your blog, girlie. Congrats on getting it up and running.

JoAnne in CT said...

thanks!!! new kitty posts to come as a result of Ms. Tortuga's request... got some scanning to do