Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Well, we had a good night Friday. Total of 74 kids came for treats!!

Tim and I always dress in costumes, and decorate the front deck with all things Halloween!

This year we were a sorcerer and sorceress, with potion cups in hand (read beer) and welcomed each of our trick or treaters with "Welcome to our Kingdom!"
Note the bloody hand print in the side glass of the door... we had one on each side... Note the beautiful Halloween sunset....


The front porch was decorated like this:
The scarecrow's head was one of those bleeding and screaming motion detector masks... each time a kid came to the door, he would scream, the blood would flow down his face and end with one of those bwooohaaaahaaa laughs then said "Happy Halloween". Scared the crap out a couple of the kids! We also ran a CD player playing all kinds of spooky music and sound effects.


We ran blinking pumpkin lights up the stairs to help the kids see their way up


Just inside the foyer, I had a table set up with a scull candle that bled from the eyes once the wax started to lower, and a hand which all five fingers were candles, and as they burned down, the flesh fell off and exposed the bone:



On the edge of the lawn that meets the stairs, I had set into the ground a fake clothed arm and leg with a "RIP" tombstone, that I could of sworn I took a picture of, but I guess I didn't!

Simba was dressed as a skeleton, and he wasn't too happy about it. A few of the kids got to see him, and laughed their heads off, but I took it off him after about and hour because it was a little too small for him and make him hobble. But he did look cute!


Gumbo was "The Lion King" and couldn't have cared less... lust like his Sombrero picture, crabby face and all...



We had quite an assortment of "Ghosts and Goblins", some real cuties, and then the teenage boys who don't even dress up and just come with their pillow cases.

First up were our neighbor kids, out very early to get home and hand out their own treats:
More early birds:


And some of the others.... cutest was the dad with the new baby and his other three kids...

We had a pimp...

And assorted others:




Teen boys with their pillowcases Brother and sister as old man and old woman
Dorothy complete with Toto and ruby slippers... I goofed & missed the slippers for the photo!
This kid said he was John McCain

This boy said he was a real Cowboy.... in CT????


More teenage boys, but with a little costume thrown in... I thanked them for that!
The mask on the left was my favorite of the night!

Dude on the far left got my vote for THE BEST hand painted mask!
Santa, The Cat in the Hat and a Pirate!
Lights out was 9:00. We pulled in the decorations fearing theft, found a Bud Lite and Coke can in our mailbox the next morning. All in all, it was a wonderful Halloween.... now what shall we be next year? Gotta whole year to think about it! Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!




6 comments:

Ann said...

Wow! You get alot of kids! We have such a long dark driveway & live out in the country so noone comes to our house! The sunset was beautiful...

IslaZina said...

Glad you are over your Day from Hell with such a terrific post!

Life's a Beach! said...

Wow! Loads of cute kids, and great Halloween decor JoAnne! You and Tim have way too much fun! :)

Beck

Vee said...

You and Tim looked great, JoAnne. I agree - you were visited by lots of kids. And they are so cute! Thanks for taking pictures and sharing them.

Doug (aka Doogan) said...

Great! you guys know how to have fun.

JoAnne in CT said...

Thanks, guys.... when I have time, I'll scan the pics from my house before the divorce where I REALLY went nuts!! Unfortunately, the condo I moved to didn't allow such decorations and I sold all my good stuff during the divorce tag sale!

I REALLY used to go all out, and had so loved doing it!