Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We have some results....

Well, we went for our annual physical today. Tim's blood pressure is a little on the high side on the lower numbers - after 3 try's, his lower level was between 90-100, so he got a script for BP med and needs to drink lots of water and go back to the lab in 3 weeks for another urinalisys, as his urine sample showed something BP related.

Both of our cholesterol levels were acceptable.. mine 210, which the doc was happy with, but wants me to start fish oil supplements to the vitamin routine, and I don't remember Tim's, but the doc was happy with it, and said he wouldn't hurt things if he went on fish oil also. He also told us to boost our Flaxseed Oil 2x a day instead of once a day.

Doc's analysis of me was fine, bloodwork good, but why do I feel so tired, cry at the drop of the hat, feel so sleepy...

His analysis (he is revered as an amazing diagnostician) is that I am suffering from depression. Despite my cheerleader attitude, I was masking my feelings of my brother in law's non-hodgkins lymphoma, my son's divorce, and my EXTREME pressure at work the last two weeks.

Doc gave me a month's worth of an anti depressent. We'll see what happensl...

My biopsy results were still not in today, so I have to check to see what it says, but everything seems fine....... let's just wait and see......................

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

JoAnne, I actually thought it might be the 'D' word because that was my exact diagnosis in June when I was exhausted. Actually, I knew in advance because it's not my first rodeo. See, we have a lot in common with son's the same age, us the same age, etc... I bet you'll be feeling much better in a couple of weeks. Hang in there!

Moongrl722 said...

Have a nice relaxing weekend, Sweetheart. I'm glad you went to the doctor and I hope the meds help quickly! Hugs fom Texas